About Us

Established in 1945 in the former residence of C. Seymour Russell’s mansion at 841 State Street, Curwensville, Pennsylvania, the center was known as the “Curwensville Civic Center” or “Youth Center”.  Today’s renamed Curwensville Community Center was constructed in 1968 at 11 Stadium Drive next to the Curwensville School District’s football stadium.  It is a nonprofit 501(c)3 charitable organization that serves the immediate Curwensville and surrounding five-county region in providing a meeting place for private parties, local service organizations, businesses, and learning institutions hosting a variety of cultural, educational, recreational and social activities. The “Civic Center” more commonly referred to by local residents is governed by a Board of Directors and is grateful to the United Way and to our generous supporters like you who donate each year!

Amenities:

  • Over 5,200 s.f. Floor Plan
  • Sportsman’s Room Capacity, 30, (18′ x 40′)
  • Main Room Capacity, 160, (61′ x 32′)
  • GFWC Women’s Club Room Capacity, 60, (29′ x 27′)
  • Full-Service Kitchen with 2 cooktops with ovens, 2 sinks, dishwasher, microwave & fridge
  • Bonus Kitchenette with microwave & fridge
  • Drop down projection screen (Main Room)
  • PA System with CD Player and Smart Phone jack
  • Free WIFI
  • Handicap Accessible
  • Private & Safe Location
  • West Branch of the Susquehanna River View & Access
  • Fishing, Canoe, Kayak, Boat Launch

Check out our Center Tour page for more information

Share